First Aid for Education and Care Settings
Do you need First Aid training?
For the first time?
A CPR Refresher?
We have the right course for you!
We are offering 3 trainings in 1 day- choose to stay for a part of or the whole day depending on your training needs.
The day will allow participants to gain National accreditation and certification in all 4 of:
- 009 CPR (yearly refresher of CPR) $65
9.00 am -11.00 am
- 010 BELS includes Asthma, Anaphylaxis, and stroke $95
9.00 am -1.30 pm
- 011 and 012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting $190
9.00 am – 5 pm
Participants will gain an understanding of their legal requirements, caring for students with Asthma, diabetes, febrile convulsions, anaphylaxis, burns and wounds.
They will also practice CPR, the administration of inhalers, Epipens/Anapens, slings and bandaging.
The course will be run by Daniel a registered teacher of 40 years who understands the needs of schools, staff and students.
He has over 30 years of experience teaching first aid to Childcare Centres, Primary Schools and Secondary Schools as well as a range of health care professionals.’
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Compliance with first aid section of the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants including DRSABCD and using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Child physiology
- How to properly assess and report an emergency incident in a childcare setting
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake bites, spider bites, poisoning and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye and soft tissue injuries
- Managing shock
Before you enrol, you will need to create an Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI). This takes 5 minutes and can be done online here.
None of these dates suit you? We are currently taking expressions of interest for other dates in the future.
Click here to enquire now.