Primary Leaders Mental Health and Trauma Responder Workshop
This 2 hour course is specifically tailored for Primary School Leaders in the support of primary school aged children’s mental health.
Students’ mental health is important.
Leaders and teachers are noticing a significant increase in issues relating to student mental health and are facing situations where they are needing to assist and support these students.
It can be difficult to navigate a student’s mental health illness, which can often be undiagnosed yet severe enough to impact a student’s daily functioning, and even result in self-harm or suicidal ideation.
Students may also be impacted by caregivers or family members suffering from mental health illnesses, such as anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation and/or substance use.
These workshops will address the tools and approaches teachers and leaders can utilise when assisting a student with their mental health or dealing with parent or caregivers mental health.
What does the workshop cover?
During these tailored workshops led by Linda White – experienced trainer and postgraduate in Psychology and Counselling – you will learn how to:
- Understand mental health including stress, anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation.
- Promote mental health to students in an age-appropriate way.
- Respond to students individual and in-class mental health problems
- Support students through family crises.
- Make referrals to the appropriate services.