Child Safe Environments Training
Child Safe Environments Training - Through Their Eyes
Who needs to do this training?
If you or your organisation interact or provide an environment that children access, then you should do this training. The Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 requires certain organisations to provide a child safe environment.
You must provide child safe environments if you are a state authority or if your organisation provides services wholly or partly for children (under 18 years old) in one or more of these categories:
- Sporting or recreational
- Religious or spiritual
- Childcare or residential
- Entertainment or parties
To provide this environment, your managers and your staff will benefit from doing this course!
What is a Child Safe Envrionment?
A child safe environment is a safe and friendly setting where children feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
Children and young people have a right to be safe and protected at all times, including when accessing services in the community.
Organisations providing child safe environments:
- take a preventative, proactive and participatory stance on child protection issues
- value and embrace the opinions and views of children and young people
- assist children and young people to build skills that will assist them to participate in society
- are focused on the protection of children and young people and take action to protect them from harm
- provide parents, guardians or carers with evidence of their child safe environments policies and procedures when requested.
What is in this course?
- Child protection in context
- Through their eyes: values and attitudes
- Risk and harm: South Australian legislation
- Risk and harm: abuse related trauma
- Sexual abuse
- Through their eyes: disclosure
- Child safe environments in organisations
- Reporting suspicion of risk and harm
Further Information and Support
For further information about child safe environments and obligations, please visit the Department of Human Services website . Alternatively, you can contact the Department of Human Services Child Safe Environments team by phoning (08) 8463 6468 or emailing DHS.firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions about the course or booking please contact the Educators SA office:
Interested in doing a training for your staff at your site? Let us come to you! Please contact our office: 8463 5875 or write an email: email@example.com.