The Home Economics Institute of Australia (South Australia), shortened to HEIA SA, is an active professional association supporting and connecting Home Economists across this beautiful State.
HEIA SA is a division of the National Institute which was established to:
- Provide a national focus for home economics and home economists
- Promote public recognition of the role of home economists
- Set professional standards for the practice of home economics and promote the professional standing of home economists
- Encourage and assist home economists with continuing education and professional development encourage, initiate and coordinate research into areas related to home economics
- Cooperate and affiliate with bodies at a state, national and international level, concerned with the education and advocacy for families and households in their everyday living
Membership of HEIA SA is through the National Body and entitles you to support and activities in South Australia as well as National benefits.
Membership is open to those who are enrolled in, or have successfully completed, a course of study at a minimum of Certificate Level IV or equivalent (according to the Australian Qualifications Framework) in a Home Economics or related area.
Benefits of membership include:
- Discounted professional development activities, including conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Access to a journal, national newsletter and state publication.
- Access to online resources.
- Representation on Home Economics matters to State and Commonwealth Governments, industry and other Non-Government organisations.
- Links to other national and international associations.