To be eligible for these awards, educators must:
• Be a teacher currently based in a public or non-Government school and have taught there for at least three consecutive years immediately prior to the application
• Be in their first 5 years of teaching (including contracts, TRT, and ongoing appointments) to be eligible for the early career category
• Not have won this award previously
To be considered, applicants need to provide the following:
• Principal’s endorsement and contact details for the principal during the Term 3 holidays
• Supporting statement from their line manager and contact details for the line manager during the Term 3 holidays
• Personal statement including proposed professional learning plan
• CV, no more than 2 pages
Supporting statements should relate to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL):
• Know students and how they learn (in and/or through The Arts)
• Know the (Arts curriculum) and how to teach it
• Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning (in The Arts)
• Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments (in The Arts)
• Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning (in The Arts)
• Engage in professional learning (and improve practice) in The Arts
• Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
Allocation of Award Funds
The majority of the Award funds must go towards the recipients professional learning activities. Applicants may use up to $1,500 of the Award for TRTs, and up to $500 of the Award to support an Arts activity in their school.
• Applicants submit complete applications online by the closing date and will be notified of receipt by Educators SA.
• A panel representing the relevant Arts associations, Educators SA and the Department for Education will assess the applications.
• Recommendations from the panel are then endorsed by the Educators SA Board.
• All applicants are notified of the outcomes by mid-October.
Requirements of Award Winners
• Attend the Educators SA World Teachers Day event to be presented with their award (28th October 2022 from 6:30 to 9:30pm at Adelaide Oval). This gala event is free for award winners.
• Be available for media calls as required.
• Consult with the Executive Director of Educators SA.
• Undertake to complete the professional learning activities within the 2023 calendar year (unless otherwise negotiated).
• Develop a program of their professional learning activities.
• Share their professional learning with colleagues in ways that benefit the broader teaching and learning community.
o This will take the form of a short report at the end of their professional learning activity.
o Participate and present in a professional learning session where they share their learning from the award with other educators. A suitable time and date for this event will be negotiated with the award winners.
Nominations must be complete and submitted online no later than 5.00pm Friday 16th, September 2022