First Aid for Education and Care Settings (HLTAID012)
Next Training Date:
When — To be scheduled
Time — 9:00am to 5:00pm
Where — Education Development Centre
Cost — $65 – $190
This first aid course is for educators and staff working in education and care settings. It covers child-specific first aid including managing asthma, anaphylaxis, resuscitation and much more.
This course is approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACEQA).
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Compliance with first aid section of the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants including DRSABCD and using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Child physiology
- How to properly assess and report an emergency incident in a childcare setting
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake bites, spider bites, poisoning and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye and soft tissue injuries
- Managing shock
Before you enrol, you will need to create an Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI). This takes 5 minutes and can be done online here.
None of these dates suit you? We are currently taking expressions of interest for other dates in the future. Click here to enquire now.