First Aid for Education and Care Settings (HLTAID012)
This first aid course is for educators and staff working in education and care settings. It covers child-specific first aid including managing asthma, anaphylaxis, resuscitation and much more.
This course is approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACEQA).
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Compliance with first aid section of the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants including DRSABCD and using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Child physiology
- How to properly assess and report an emergency incident in a childcare setting
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake bites, spider bites, poisoning and choking
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye and soft tissue injuries
- Managing shock
Before you enrol, you will need to create an Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI). This takes 5 minutes and can be done online here.