- This event has passed.
Review of the Australian Curriculum
May 10, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - June 16, 2021 @ 5:45 pmfree!
The Australian Curriculum is changing…
Schools and teachers want a less crowded and more helpful curriculum – with time to focus on essential content and depth of learning! ACARA is now seeking your feedback!
On 12 June 2020, education ministers agreed that it was timely to review the Foundation – Year 10 Australian Curriculum, which had been in place since 2015. The terms of reference for the Review of the Australian Curriculum and other documents, videos and infographics can be found on the ’Curriculum review’ page on the ACARA website.
Online session for Primary F-6 and learning areas from 10 May – 16 June 2021
There will be online sessions for Primary F-6 and learning areas and they will provide an update on the proposed changes and detailed information on how you can have your say during the public consultation window from 29 April – 8 July.
- Primary F-6: 10/05/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- English: 17/05/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- Science: 24/05/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- Technologies: 31/05/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- The Arts: 01/06/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- HPE: 3/06/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- Languages: 7/06/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- Mathematics: 9/06/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
- HASS: 16/06/2021, 4.30-5.45pm
The public consultation window is from 29 April to 8 July! Have your say here: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/consultation
- Terms of reference of the review (PDF 94 kb), which define the approach and scope of the review of the F–10 Australian Curriculum
- Shape of the Australian Curriculum paper (PDF 256 kb), which provides background to the development of the first Australian Curriculum and sets out the rationale, dimensions and structure of the Australian Curriculum. It has been updated to reflect the new Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration (December 2019) and the aims for the current review.
- ACARA’s media release (PDF 168 kb) about the review
- Curriculum review – process paper (PDF 560 kb)