PETAA – Online: Intro to English language and sentence grammar
May 3 @ 8:00 am - May 31 @ 5:00 pm$75 – $150
An online course presented by Dr. Rod Campbell, demonstrating that teaching English grammar (or more correctly, teaching students the knowledge and skills for writing English) can be creative, engaging and effective.
This interactive and practical session will give teachers strategies and resources that can be used immediately in the classroom. Participants will have information for at least five classroom lessons on teaching vocabulary, grammar and sentence construction, based upon the syntactic patterns of English. All dimensions of the workshop and the work of Dr Campbell are nested in the content descriptions of the Australian Curriculum: English.
Who should participate?
• Classroom teachers years Prep/Foundation/Kindergarten – Year 6
• Develop several teaching strategies for teaching the sentence grammar of English
• Acquire knowledge and skills for encouraging students’ vocabulary development while learning grammar
• Learn how to improve student and classroom use of the metalanguage of English
• Understand how to use the open-class parts of speech (adjective, noun, verb and adverb) to teach the uses of noun groups, adjectival phrases and clauses in writing.
Register here. Available from 03/05/2021 until 31/05/2021.