- This event has passed.
OSASA: Zooming into Music
November 7 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$25 – $45
The Orff Schulwerk Association of South Australia (OSASA) Term 4 workshop ‘Zooming into Music’ will be a 3 hour online event featuring local SA presenter Robyn Windham and Western Australian percussion duo – Cat and Josh from Kaboom Percussion.
Kaboom Percussion are a duo from Perth who have achieved over 85 million views on YouTube and Facebook with their fun percussion videos. They also publish their own education resources with a focus on making music with ordinary objects such as cups, buckets, pens, sticks and more! In this exclusive workshop, join Cat and Josh as they take you through a number of their favourite percussion and composition activities for primary and middle school students.
Once again, join OSASA from your lounge room, kitchen, bedroom or study for another fun, unique and exciting professional learning event.
We welcome participants from different states, countries and time zones to join us for 3 hours of music making and learning.
This online workshop will feature a range of activities and ideas including:
- 3 hours of fun Professional Development suitable for JP, MP and UP Teachers
- Lesson ideas and activities that can be implemented into your classroom program
- Movement and music making ideas and activities
- Ideas for teaching online or in the classroom
- Practical hands-on activities and sessions
- Using found sounds and ‘home’ instruments
- Links to the Australian Curriculum and assessment
- Suitable for Classroom, Performing Arts, Music, Early Childhood, Relief Teachers and Education Students
- Access to digital workshop notes and online content provided
- Networking opportunities
Please note that participants will need the following equipment to participate fully in the workshop:
- A plastic cup
- 2 pens or textas with lids
- 2 drumsticks/rhythm sticks or similar
- 2 paper plates (or two pieces of paper if you don’t have paper plates)
- A bucket or something similar (i.e. tub, box)
- A piece of paper to write on
Registrations are essential!