- Year Level(s):
- Primary, Secondary
- Subject Area(s):
- Counselling, Psychology
- Pre-Service Concession:
Australian Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools (SA Chapter)
The Australian Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools (SA) is the local chapter of the national organisation of psychologists and counsellors working in school settings.
The Association aims to support the professional development and welfare of its members through the provision of quality professional development activities, promotion of pro-active programs and information sharing. The outcomes of this include improved educational provisions and programs for all students and the skilling of support providers.
APACS, through its varied professional activities, contributes significantly to the field of psychological support services to schools. These activities provide APACS members with access to the current professional knowledge and practice to enable them to provide quality psychological and counselling services to schools, students and their communities.
The benefits of being an APACS member include:
- Opportunities to develop collegiate relationships with your professional peers locally, nationally and internationally.
- Access to the internationally recognised Journal of Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools, published twice annually and of direct relevance to the work of School Psychologists, School Counsellors and Guidance Officers (copies sent to you directly).
- An informative national newsletter that includes articles of interest, information about relevant resources, websites, professional development opportunities, book reviews and other information.
- Advance notice of and discounted rates for the Association’s biennial conference and other professional development opportunities.
- Participation in national and local projects that aim to promote best practice for students. Examples include: MindMatters Plus, Positive Psychology, ASD issues, professional development and journal articles about children and adolescents’ learning and social-emotional needs.
- Representation of the interests of School Psychologists, School Counsellors and Guidance Officers in their work in schools with children and adolescents to employing organisations.