The Primary Mathematics Association (PMA) was established on April 30th, 1971 to specifically provide support for educators of mathematics from Early Years to Middle Years. Our mission is to promote excellence in the learning and teaching of Mathematics and Numeracy!
Our objectives are:
- to act as a voice for mathematics and numeracy education by representing the views of members in a variety of forums
- to provide opportunities for educators to share and challenge their knowledge and understanding
- to promote the importance of mathematics and numeracy in the wider community
- to produce a range of publications and provide access to a comprehensive professional learning programme to promote effective practice and highlight issues and developments
- to liaise with education systems and national organisations to inform and contribute to mathematics and numeracy education
- to provide models of effective educator practice
- to encourage children and young people to participate in mathematics and numeracy
Membership of PMA is available to individuals, pre-service educators, educators, preschools, schools and organisations.
As a member you are entitled to the following professional learning opportunities:
- Attend free member events (eg: termly MathsMeets)
- Attend one professional learning event FREE per term
- Access to our complete professional learning programme (face to face and on-line) at discounted member rates
- Online journals, newsletters and resources to help you with all aspects of being a successful mathematics educator