The Primary English Teaching Association Australia (PETAA) is a national, not-for-profit professional association supporting primary school educators in the teaching and learning of English and literacies across the curriculum.
Working with a network of leading academics, educational and literacy consultants, and exemplary classroom teachers, PETAA supports primary school educators with:
- Research-based, classroom-focused print and digital publications and teaching resources
- An extensive program of professional learning courses
- Partnerships and projects that deliver quality teaching and learning programs
- Advocacy for the professional interests of members and the wider community through active representation within a number of State and Federal education forums.
- Research — PETAA is actively involved with ongoing research that supports its professional work with teachers and educators. This includes the development of an independent, competitive research grant further support the professional interests of members and the wider research community.
PETAA is a not-for-profit member association, which means that teachers like you are our reason for being. We provide the professional development, resources, and support you need to most effectively teach your students and grow your career.
PETAA membership is available for both individuals and schools. Membership includes:
- Three PETAA publications (print or digital) and three PETAA papers (print or digital) each year to grow your professional resource library
- Access to high-quality, classroom-ready units of work and special projects, including the annual PETAA Teachers’ Guide to the shortlisted titles in the Children’s Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Awards (all years), plus bonus literature units and special projects, such as the Lest We Forget project and Resources for Reconciliation and Sustainability
- Resources built to cultivate inspiration and share expertise, including free, member-exclusive webinars
- Significant discounts across all paid PETAA offerings so you can learn to maximise the outcome for students, including online professional learning, annual conferences, and additional publications.