The Outdoor Educators Association of South Australia (OEASA) is the peak body representing Outdoor Education in South Australia.
OEASA aims to:
- Promote the development of Outdoor Education in South Australia
- Represent Outdoor Educators on issues and matters concerning the use of the outdoors
- Maintain the professional development of personnel working in the area of Outdoor Education
- Maintain, support and develop the role of Outdoor Educators in South Australia
- Promote the professional interchange of information between members and other related organisations through conferences, meetings, seminars and publications
- Promote a philosophy of environmental awareness, preservation, conservation and positive attitudes towards the use of the outdoor environment
- Act in an advisory capacity to the community, government and non-government agencies.
OEASA supports the following national ethical guidelines for outdoor educators:
- The Outdoor Educator will fulfil his/her duty of care
- The Outdoor Educator will provide a supportive and appropriate learning environment
- The Outdoor Educator will develop his/her professionalism
- The Outdoor Educator will ensure his/her practice is culturally and environmentally sensitive.
All South Australian educators involved in outdoor education are invited to join OEASA.
OEASA offers basic membership, full individual membership and school/corporate/organisation membership.
Membership benefits include:
- e-News updates
- Outdoor News (four per year)
- Journal of Outdoor and Environmental Education (two per year)
- Professional development support
- Member discounts
- Affiliation to other State Associations via the Outdoor Council of Australia and Outdoor Education Australia