The Mathematical Association of South Australia Inc (MASA) is the SA Affiliate of the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers Inc. (AAMT).
MASA aims to:
- Arouse interest in mathematics.
- Effect improvements in the teaching of mathematics and its implications.
- Provide means of support and intercommunication between teachers, students and educational institutions, including schools.
- Advance the view that mathematics is an important field of study and promote the learning of mathematics.
Membership of MASA is available to students, educators and sites/schools. MASA has members from reception to tertiary institutions.
The benefits of membership include:
- Access to MASA's extensive Professional Development Programs at Member's rates.
- Substantial Member concessions on conferences and publications.
- Extensive deductions to a range of AAMT publications and services.
- Regular information about developments in mathematics education.
- Complimentary Heads of Faculty development and support program
- Complimentary access to closed professional Facebook Forums
- Representation in negotiations with school systems, the Australian Association of Mathematics Teachers (AAMT) and the general public.
- Membership of MASA automatically affiliates you with AAMT.