The Laboratory Managers Association of SA Inc. (LMASA) was formed in 1994 to facilitate the training, education and development of Science Laboratory personnel working in education settings. It was also formed to assist in communicating ideas and information.
LMASA is run by members for members. We believe that:
- Laboratory personnel are integral in improved student outcomes.
- By providing technical support to teachers and students we encourage the exploration of the sciences.
- We no longer work in isolation and that by sharing we improve the learning outcomes of each other and the staff and students at each educational site.
- All members have specialised skills and we encourage the sharing of these skills through training & development opportunities, the web pages and the best practices manual.
- All things are possible when members work together.
Membership of LMASA is available to Science Laboratory personnel working in education settings.
- Issues of our newsletter "The Spatula"
- Members prices at our annual conference and our other functions
- Indemnity insurance for the association plus the Eastern & Hills, Western, Northern and Southern Hub Group meetings
- Information on interstate conferences
- Access to an email distribution list of members
- Access to a further 'members-only' web page