The Japanese Language Teachers' Association of South Australia (JLTASA) was established in 1973. We aim to promote and support Japanese language teaching and learning in South Australia! Our objectives are to:
- Promote the study of Japanese Language at all levels in South Australian Educational Institutions.
- Facilitate mutual support for teachers of Japanese Language through regular newsletters, sharing of resources, hub group activity, general meetings, professional development and annual conferences.
- Promote the value and needs of Japanese Language teaching in South Australian Schools.
- Work in close cooperation with other monolingual associations, intrastate, interstate and overseas.
- Work in close cooperation with other Japan-related Associations, both in our own state and throughout Australia.
Membership of JLTASA is open to pre-service educators, individual educators and schools.
Membership benefits include:
- Free registration to JLTASA PL sessions.
- Student participation in JLTASA events.
- Discount registration to annual JLTASA Conference.
- Eligibility for a variety of grants.
- Access to professional networking communities.
- Email updates relevant to language education.