HTASA is a non-profit organisation whose aim is to stimulate interest in the study of History.
HTASA also aims to:
- Support effective teaching and learning of History in schools.
- Engender in students (indirectly through their teachers) a love of History and its relevance to an individual and society.
- Arrange meetings, lectures, seminars, conferences and other activities.
- Prepare and circulate publications, resources and educational research to advance the teaching of History.
- Represent the views of the Association and its members in educational, government, business and community organisations.
Membership of HTASA is open to pre-service educators, primary educators, secondary educators, retired educators, SSO's and schools.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to all online Member Resources
- Early bird notification of upcoming events
- Reduced registration for State and National Conferences
- Reduced rate for SACE Senior History Afternoon
- Priority booking for HTASA Saturday Workshops
- 12 month subscription to our newsletter “Kooringa”
- 3 editions of either HTAV or HTANSW journals
- A voice for SA History Teachers to the national body (HTAA)
- Sharing of ideas through Facebook, our blog and website
- Information and advice for competitions