The Gifted and Talented Children’s Association of South Australia (GTCASA) is a volunteer organisation committed to enhancing the social, emotional and intellectual development of children and adolescents with high intellectual potential.
- Opportunities for social and intellectual contact for children with gifts and talents.
- Informative and social meetings for parents concurrent with some Saturday student programs and discussion groups for parents.
- A newsletter with articles of interest to parents, caregivers and educators.
- A resource collection of selected books, magazines, interstate newsletters, relevant international publications, audio/video cassettes and other media.
- Seminars, workshops, conferences and teacher training and development courses.
- Seminars and workshops for parents.
- Liaison with State, National and International Gifted and Talented Children’s Associations. Including affiliation with the Australian Association for the Education of Gifted and Talented Ltd.(AAEGT)
Members of GTCASA include educators, psychologists and families of gifted students. Members:
- receive discounts and priority entry to our workshops and conferences
- receive our newsletter
- can access our extensive library of resources
- receive discounts at various other outlets (more info to follow)
- are eligible to become committee members and help to shape our association over time.