The Geography Teachers Association of South Australia (GTASA) is an incorporated body that has been in operation since 1936. From its inception, the GTASA has existed with the aim of supporting the interests and endeavours of geography teachers in South Australia.
In aiming to promote effective teaching, research and the study of geography the Association seeks to meet its aims by:
- Convening general and special meetings and conferences
- Organising workshops, excursions and other field activities
- Publishing journals and other material concerned with geographical matters and with the teaching of geography
- Collecting, circulating or giving notice of information of value or interest to teachers of geography
- Sponsoring or assisting research projects in matters concerned with the teaching of geography
- Cooperating with affiliated associations, with overseas organizations or teachers of geography, with other geography associations and with other associations of teachers within South Australia and Australia
- Making submissions or recommendations to legislative, administrative or advisory commissions inquiring into matters of concern to the Association by such other means as the Executive Committee may from time to time decide upon, consistent with the aims and Rules of the Association.
Interested in becoming a member of GTASA? Great! GTASA offers membership to pre-service educators, educators, retired educators, schools and other institutions.