The Economics Teachers’ Society of South Australia (ETSSA) is a professional association for teachers of Economics in Secondary Schools.
ETSSA aims to support the teaching of Economics by:
- Encouraging the teaching and study of economics and its application in Australia.
- Providing professional learning opportunities for teachers including conferences and professional development opportunities.
- Promoting the study of Economics, especially in Years 11 and 12 of secondary school, but also beyond secondary education.
- Assisting students in their learning through provision of conferences.
- Sponsoring the Economics Prize for the top student in South Australia for Stage 2 SACE Economics.
- Advocating on behalf of Economics Educators.
- Promoting the public recognition of the role of economics.
- Providing input into educational reviews through submissions.
- Liaising with organisations, private, educational, commercial and government in relation to the development and provision of the economics curriculum.
- Representing South Australian teachers at the national level through participation in the peak body the Business Educators of Australasia (BEA).
- Liaise with other organisations that may assist The Economics Teachers Society in achieving its goals.
The benefits of membership of The Economics Teachers’ Society of South Australia (ETSSA) include:
- Access to ETSSA professional development opportunities such as conferences, seminars and workshops (often provided in partnership with universities, the Reserve Bank of Australia, government departments or other organisations)
- Links to other Economic-related websites
- Links to current articles
- Access to sample assessment tasks (to be developed during 2020)
- Access presentations from Keynote and guest speakers from The Economics Teachers’ Society of South Australia (ETSSA) Annual
- Opportunities to network with other Economics teachers.