Valuing children’s awe and wonder of the natural world underpins Early Education for Sustainability South Australia's (EESSA) desire to walk softly on the Earth and live in harmony at a local and global level. We’re bringing together people and organisations focused on integrating education for sustainability into all facets of young children’s lives in South Australia.
- Acts as advocates for early childhood environmental education in SA
- Assists with the planning and promotion of early childhood education for sustainability
- Strengthens and extends consultation and networking in the field of early childhood education for sustainability
- Provides early childhood education for sustainability advice on policies and legislation affecting young children in SA
- Accesses and researches data and resources on early childhood education for sustainability, making these available to the community
- Provides a forum where issues of concern to members can be raised and addressed by the network
- Accesses funding to further the objectives of the network.
EESSA membership benefits include:
- Monthly newsletters featuring EfS stories from early childhood services across SA, current events, workshops and resources.
- Attendance at quarterly Network meetings.
- Liaison with early childhood networks, individuals and organisations at local, state, national and international levels.
- Professional development and training sessions.
- Discounted registration to EESSA’s events and workshops.